Are you searching for a home for sale that allows for easy biking to the University of Arizona and its surrounding areas? There are many reasons why biking is so popular in and around the University of Arizona:
- Our topography is relatively flat
- Our climate is typically mild and dry
- Parking near UA is very limited and requires costly permits or daily fees
- The multitude of convenient bike routes and boulevards available throughout the city
The two bicycle boulevards closest to UA are 3rd Street and Mountain Avenue.
3rd Street Bicycle Boulevard is the most popular east-west route to the University. It spans from Wilmot Road to Campbell Avenue, where it meets up with the UA campus. Local traffic is discouraged because 3rd Street goes through quieter residential streets where there are many 4 way stops and other speed reducing mechanisms in place. At the busier intersections there are traffic lights to aid in crossing.
The Mountain Avenue Bike Boulevard is the busiest of Tucson’s bike routes. This route travels north-south from 3rd Street (within the University of Arizona Campus) north to the Rillito River. The section between Speedway Boulevard and Fort Lowell Road features a bike lane separated from cars by several feet of brick pavement.
As a University of Arizona alum, I used a bike to get to and from campus daily. I can help you find a home for sale close to one of the bike routes listed above. Please contact Nick at 520-975-8956 to schedule a showing of any available Tucson home.
Current homes for sale within 1 mile of 3rd Ave. and Mountain Ave bike routes:
View Low stress bike routes in Tucson in a larger map
Or visit: longrealtyapp.com/nicklabriola from any mobile device
- Current and Accurate – Information updated every 15 minutes from the MLS
- Find nearby properties
- Draw your own search area
- Track favorite listings
- Large, high resolution property photos
- HomeScan – Scan the neighborhood for homes using a live camera view