Last Updated on August 27, 2023 by Kim Labriola
About Reid Park
One of Tucson’s jewels is Reid Park located in the center of town bordered by Broadway to the north, 22nd Street to the south, Alvernon to the east, and Country Club to the west. Reid park takes up about 131 acres of land and has so much to do! Reid Park is a great place to take your family and it offers much more than just playgrounds and grassy fields. Check it out!
Check out this list for some ideas:
- Rose Test Garden – Thousands of roses can be seen in this garden maintained by the Rose Society of Tucson. There are over 100 species of roses to be seen. The best time to view the roses are March – April and October – November. The rose garden has a ramada that can be rented for special occasions and is a popular place for weddings.
- Edith Ball Adaptive Aquatics center – a fully accessible outdoor covered pool with a therapy pool.
- DeMeester Outdoor Performance center – Sunday nights each spring and fall feature the Tucson Pops Orchestra with the popular Music Under the Stars program. Some summer nights feature family friendly movie showings. Many other special events are held throughout the year.
- Hi Corbett Stadium – Check out a University of Arizona baseball game!
- Randolph Golf Course and Driving Range – hit a few balls at this public golf course and practice your swing at the driving range.
- The Reid Park Zoo – 17 acres of land with a wide variety of animals including zebras, polar bears, lions, elephants, giraffes, tortoises, peacocks, monkeys, and lots more. The Zoo hosts many special events all year long.
- Randolph Center with classes – there are lots of classes offered for all ages, from sports to arts and crafts.
- Walking / Bike path – this popular path has been expanded to loop around the entire park.
- Dog park – divided for both large and small dogs.
- Ramadas for rent – for special occasions and picnics.
- 2 lakes and lots of ducks
- Next week I’ll blog about the neighborhoods near Reid Park.
There are so many reasons why the Miramonte at the River neighborhood is so popular….
“Reprinted from the Pima County Master Gardener Sonoran Seasons Newsletter – Dec 2019” Raising chickens…
Tucson has quite a few community centers that offer exercise facilities, swimming pools, sports, health…
Live Near The Loop! Searching for homes for sale near The Loop is easy regardless…
Get Walking, Tucson! Imagine waking up on a Saturday morning, walking to your favorite neighborhood…
Sabino Canyon Recreation Area Overview Situated on Tucson’s northeast side of town, Sabino Canyon is a…