Chances are, you’ve heard of BASIS schools. BASIS Tucson and BASIS Oro Valley are tuition-free charter schools (which are funded with taxes, but run by a private company) that consistently boast high scores with national school ranking organizations such as the U.S. News and World Report and the Washington Post.
The founders aimed to offer a curriculum that could compete at an international level. BASIS opened it’s first school right here in Tucson back in 1998. Since then, they’ve opened many other locations throughout Arizona, including Oro Valley, in addition to a few in Texas and Washington, DC.
BASIS focuses on STEM courses and requires 9th graders to start taking AP classes for college credit. Seniors focus on a capstone project, and nearly every student attends college after graduation. Because the school is a tuition-free charter school, entry can be competitive. If BASIS schools are a good option for your student, you may decide to live closer to the school for convenience. If so, take a look at homes for sale near each BASIS campus listed below.
Search Homes for sale near BASIS Charter Schools:
BASIS Tucson Primary: Grades K-4. Near Speedway and Alvernon:
- Homes for sale within 1 mile of BASIS Tucson Primary School
- Homes for sale within 3 miles of BASIS Tucson Primary School
- Homes for sale within 5 miles of BASIS Tucson Primary School
BASIS Tucson North: Grades 5-12. Near Craycroft and River:
- Homes for sale within 1 mile of BASIS Tucson North School
- Homes for sale within 3 miles of BASIS Tucson North School
- Homes for sale within 5 miles of BASIS Tucson North School
BASIS Oro Valley (Primary: K-5 and grades 6-12). Near Oracle and 1st Ave:
- Homes for sale within 1 mile of BASIS Oro Valley Schools
- Homes for sale within 3 miles of BASIS Oro Valley Schools
- Homes for sale within 5 miles of BASIS Oro Valley Schools
Looking to purchase or sell a home near a BASIS school? Contact Nick to go over your particular needs. Nick@RealTucson.com | 520-975-8956