Neighborhood Spotlight: Tucson Country Club Estates
Tucson Country Club is a beautiful golf community on Tucson’s northeast side. The fantastic location is convenient to all of Tucson’s amenities yet retains a tranquil feel. The large lots, towering trees, and luxury homes provide Tucson living at its finest. Some of the homes in the neighborhood were designed by well-known Tucson architects such as: Art Brown, Anne Rysdale, and Josias Joesler.
The club provides a 44,000 SF facility featuring old world style architecture and historic Tucson elements, 18-hole golf course designed by acclaimed father and son designers William F., and William P. Bell, aquatic center with an 8-lane saltwater lap pool, 97-foot water slide, wading pool, splash pad, five lighted championship tennis courses, pickle ball, and fine dining.
Search homes for sale in Tucson Country Club
The data relating to real estate listings on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of Multiple Listing Service of Southern Arizona. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Listings provided by brokerages other than the listing brokerage here are identified with the MLSSAZ IDX Logo. All Information Is Deemed Reliable But Is Not Guaranteed Accurate. Listing information Copyright 2020 MLS of Southern Arizona. All Rights Reserved.
A brief history of Tucson Country Club
Charles H. Boyles owned the 1,300-acre ranch in 1935. He rented the ranch to the first Mormon community in Tucson who used it as a truck farm and dairy. In 1935 Boyles sold 580 acres to Lenore Moore for $12,000. Her Brother built two ranch houses named Rancho de la Sombre. Unfortunately, the project failed. In 1945 the property changed hands again, this time to Carl and Marie Reininger. In 1946 fifty prominent Tucsonans were disappointed with the El Rio Golf Course on Tucson’s West side and decided to create a golf resort that took advantage of the beautiful East side location. They formed a for profit corporation called Country Club Estates Inc.